Thursday, December 10, 2009

Blizzard 2009

If anyone doesn't think we will go to any lengths to get your O'Malley's beer ready for St. Pat's let this be your proof. I departed for Wisconsin at 6:30am Tuesday morning to go get bottles for the upcoming Pack O' Craic and got more than I bargained for.
I made it to Milwaukee just three hours past due, but the trip home proved more exciting. The top picture shows the first white-out on the way back. I made the 5 hour trip from WI to Des Moines in 12 hours and decided to spend the night in IA.
Then woke up for the trip back to Weston only to find I-35 in the condition you see in picture 2 for 100 miles. You might ask why I was driving and taking pictures. A fair question but since I am not one of the literally 100 plus trucks I saw in the ditch I should be commended.
I finally made it back in time to bottle only to find out that the line was screwed. (Mike will get that fixed). But not fear. The Pack O' Craic will be in stores next week as promised.
The last photo shows the recovery process beginning.

No comments: